Monday, May 1, 2017

On Longing

Reflecting back on life


Nostalgia can not be sustained without lost
 This is my friend Lana she transferred schools and I miss her daily, but this picture makes me happy when I look at it.
_________________________________________________________________________

Capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experience 
This coffee and muffin represents the many coffees and muffins I have had at school and the amount of coffee shops there are in St. Augustine. It also creates something tangible from an experience that usually has no trace left behind.
_________________________________________________________________________

 The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale 
This picture I took while in New York. I purposefully stood in front of the skyline so that the viewers could see the mass of the skyline. 
__________________________________________________________________________

To have a souvenir of the exotic is to poses both a specimen and a trophy
This was a halloween party from when I was in high school, that pumpkin then decomposed as time passed, yet it was a souvenir for a couple of weeks. This picture captures it and makes it last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covered: Ephemeral Art

Covered  Often we are covered by our phone screen. We miss the small moments in life, we miss the vast world around us