Monday, May 1, 2017

Mask Identity

Using a mask to unveil the truth 


Medium: Wire, tracing paper, matte gel medium, gesso, and sharpie

Creating this mask was one of the most self searching projects I have done. When going through the packet I realized that I am interested in how I spend my time. The packet forced me to look at the life I have created and how I push myself to do many different things. When I was sculpting the mask I thought about the many different hats I wear in my life, sometimes I feel as tho I wear to many. That is why the mask goes out in many different directions. 


Yet the mask is just round on the bottom to show that I long for a quite day. A day where I am not being pulled, I am just alone. The bottom of the mask also represents the foundation of myself from home. When I am home I am quite, I go off the grid, I just hang out without responsibility. In comparison to school where I work multiple jobs, attend class, and have multiple leadership positions on campus. 


The things that I do at school color me and shape me. This is why I chose to color the tips of the points of the mask. I really enjoyed creating this and resolving thoughts about myself and about my life at school versus my life at home.





Inspiration 


http://faceculture.blogspot.com/2010/01/paper-cuts.html

http://www.oystermag.com/erwin-wurm-x-walter-van-beirendonck

From 3D blog, link not found

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covered: Ephemeral Art

Covered  Often we are covered by our phone screen. We miss the small moments in life, we miss the vast world around us