Monday, May 1, 2017

Memento

Materializing a memory 


Medium: Wood

This project was one of my favorites due to the simplicity of the sculpture. Going through the packet it was therapeutic and eye opening to comb through memories in my head. As I went through my memories I realized that having dinner with my family every night played a big part of who I am.


Leaving for college was one of the hardest things I have had to do so I wanted to capture how I had to leave the dinner table when I left for college. In the sculpture the circle represents the dinner table. The "L" shaped represents my parents and how they created the table. Then the three pieces of wood represent me and my sisters. The curvy piece represents me and how I left the dinner table. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Covered: Ephemeral Art

Covered  Often we are covered by our phone screen. We miss the small moments in life, we miss the vast world around us