Monday, May 1, 2017

Map Relief

Creating a map based on relationships instead of roads


Medium: Foam board, paper, string, wooden dowels, paint, tracing paper, and matte gel medium

For this project I enjoyed the reading History of Terrain Models. As I went through the packet I knew that I wanted to do something based on the mapping of mountains. I enjoyed how the article History of Terrain Models discussed the secret maps of the mountains. As I worked on the piece it developed into a piece about the connection of humans. 




The rolled paper and the tracing paper represent humans in general and the string represents the pulling or the pushing of people. The piece represents how we as humans interact with one another.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Covered: Ephemeral Art

Covered  Often we are covered by our phone screen. We miss the small moments in life, we miss the vast world around us